14 April 2013

Spots before the eyes!...

Thanks so, so much for the wonderful feed back about the book, it seems to be hitting the right spot so far.
 
SPOTS...and more spots
A few experiments using a folder and a spotty pot for inspiration
  1.  
I love stripes and I love spots too and wanted to make a few spotty cushions and a large blanket
tried a few combinations out and still not completely satisfied yet.
 
I finished this spotty little number to go on the sofa with the tweedy striped pair....
To give a more spotty effect it needs a red base cushion pad as i've used an open join as you go method of joining the spot hex's.
 
The red and wite spot pot and the mug were the inspiration and the yarn was a gift from a friend, a half ball of Rowan 100% wool Aran...a gorgeous red and a lovely yarn to work with
 
At the moment you can get 3 balls for the price of two at Hobby Craft
 
The weekly free patterns are being shelved for now, still trying to decide
what to do, what path to take with the crochet.
 
Happy Hooking every one and sorry for ot posting for a while, so many decisions to make!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I pre ordered your book Sue! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi..thanks do hope you enjoy it and find it as inspirational as other have
      Big Hugs, Sue x

      Delete
  2. I love that new spotted cushion in red and white! Really fun and out of the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,

    I love the red and white "spots" pillow. Is that pattern in your book?

    Thanks!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen
      I am in the throws of going into back into business and I will have a selection of my patterns for sale by the end of this month May 2013 this is one of them.
      Hope you will still be interested all my 'for sale' patterns will be available soon
      Hugs Sue x

      Delete