20 February 2014

Interlocking Crochet....wow!

A great stitch but not for the beginner....
 
Back in August 2012 I made a little bag from a magazine using interlocking block st.
I didn't understand the stitch properly and did what I thought was interlocking block st.
 
I posted these pictures of the incorrect st....two seperate mesh sections that then interlocked
 only to be told it wasn't how to do the st.
So i removed the pictures and added the correct way to do the st.
 
But it seems I had, purely by chance stumbled upon a stitch/crochet called
INTERLOCKING CROCHET....it was a stitch after all.
......well the beginnings of a stitch, actually many intricate and fabulous stitches
and it seems that its been around for years.
 
Taught to Tanis some 20 years ago, who has developed the stitch and written a book called INTERLOCKING CROCHET you can find it here.
 
I haven't seen the book but it is supposed to be all about her work with 80 Interlocking crochet patterns to try out..
 
It's definitely not a stitch for a beginner, you really do need to remember what you are doing at every moment.....are you stitching through a hole behind a stitch or infront of a stitch...it took me a couple of goes to get it right but worth the effort.

 Love this version of interlocking crochet..a tiny square inside another square
I can see lots of colourful experiments to come using just this one version of interlocking crochet coming on.
 
Thanks Tanis
 

8 comments:

  1. Looks quite difficult, but the final result is amazing! And now I'm curious to see your experiments... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...might not get to them now a book to write lol
      Hugs x

      Delete
  2. An interesting stitch over a large surface, but not one I will probably embark on! I like the choice of colour like raspberries and cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEHE...took me a couple of goes to get it right .
      Hugs x

      Delete
  3. Lovely but deffo not for me if you have to remember what you are doing at every moment. I am going to have a go at your cowl though...is there a pattern anywhere or did you make it up as you went along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...i made it up as i went lol...as i do, then write the pattern but there isn't one yet. sorry.
      Hugs x

      Delete
  4. Found this really interesting (: Went to bed searching for YouTube tutorials and after image search on Google saw all the lovely permutations for interlocking crochet. Fantastic stuff! Thanks for the inspiration I'll definitely be trying this today. How about another of your workshops for experienced crocheters with some of this? I really enjoyed your Oswestry session late last year. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...yes i was thinking a work shop would be on the cards but i have a new book to write so it will be later in the year I'm afraid..glad you enjoyed the Oawestry workshop though.
      Yes there are lots to try some even harder than this one i think..I bouht the book too.
      Hugs x

      Delete