29 October 2012

CROCHET RIPPLES , WAVES MARBLE YARN AND CORRECT HOOK SIZE

Been playing with a few ripples and waves over the weekend instead of finishing my Moss stitch cushions......
Re-pinned a pattern on PINTREST 

I Love crochet diagrams so much easier to follow than reading written patterns, you can see it all in one look, except of course if you miss read it because you haven't got your glasses on but I realise quite quickly I had made a mistake....oops!

Love the pattern but getting the right hook size so the crochet isn't hard and the right yarn to ripple can take a bit of time, not right yet and once you get going the pattern isn't as complicated as it looks

love the pattern, 
love the colour, 
love the variegated yarn....
but the hook size isn't right yet. This JAMES C BRETT Marble DK has never felt hard before but it does with this sample so I will try a 5mm hook instead of a 4mm, see if it softens up a bit.

Treated myself to a few colours of 100% Cashmere from COLOURMART on monday, probably the most expensive yarn I have ever used and if I am very honest it is like old rope to work with (oiled yarns), I have string softer lol.......but I had already made and washed a 
granny square and WOW! it is so soft and beautiful after washing.

A Before and after picture tomorrow of the Ripple Button Cowl 

Moss stitch cushions to finish...
have fun x


update: Styelcraft by Susan Pinner 
Ripple pattern

use the code YART10 for a 10% discount





and lots more to see 

9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pattern Suz and I really love the pink you've used.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice pattern Annie but the pink is the PINTREST picture not mine, have only done a sample so far, doing a bit of favourite pattern collecting for now
      hugs x

      Delete
  2. I love the ripple and I think that diagrams are so much easier to read at a glance too! Though I admit that it's nice to have the written instructions as well, just as an extra check!
    It's really fun trying out new patterns... I bet that moss stitch cushion is crying out for your attention too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fun Sandra, love keeping records and doing stitch research.
      hugs x

      Delete
  3. Love the ripple pattern. I'm in agreement: would rather have a diagram that words. I guess that makes me a visual learner. Love the green DK yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear so many like a clear diagram like me....give me a picture any day lol
      hugs x

      Delete
  4. oohh i love the pink ripple what a gorgeous stitch, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dee and not as difficult to do as i first thought either, once you get into the rhythm of the pattern.
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply and beautiful :)
    Magda of crochetblog.blogspot.pl

    ReplyDelete