01 September 2014

Re posting this pattern I keep getting asked for it

Monday, 6 June 2011


NEW 8 PETAL FLOWER BATH MAT

As l couldn't work on the new craft room rug..total frustration...l decided to make a new bath mat using the same 8 petal flower
mix 6 strands of DK...l used: aqua x2, grey,ivory x2 and beige Acrylic

Pattern
3 strands of Chunky yarn or 6 strands of DK
12mm hook
Row 1: magic circle with 8 DC (3chain as first DC)(8sts)
Row 2: 2dc in each stich with a chain st between each pair of sts.(16sts)
Row 3: 2dc 3 chain and 2dc in each space
Row 4: 7dc in the loop made by the 3 chain of previous row and sl st in the middle of the 4dc of previous row
use the join as you go method of joining each of the flowers together using 2 petals for each join
Fill-in
the large hole is made up of the 8 petal sides..3 sts each making a total of 24 sts

Row 1: Magic circle with 12 dc (2chain as first dc)
Row 2: 2 dc in each stitch using the join as you go method of sl stitching into the 24 stitches of the petal sides then sl st into the first st to finish off
repeat in the second hole
l always work the ends into the work as l go so there is only a few ends to sew off

If you don't want to do the fill-ins then do a staggered join as you go 
matching like this and using a similar method matching the stitches and sl stitching as you go
Hoping to get the craft room yarn today or order it if l can't 
They really feel lovely under your feet
Teresa...yep l really am going to put it on the floor and walk all over it lol

Still thinking about the backing but something none slip as they slide all over the place on laminate floors

Have a wonderful week everyone and thanks again for the lovely comments on the rug making
hugs to all xx


10 comments:

  1. I just love the blue-grey-white-beige yarn! What is it? And what's the pattern for these Japanese flowers? They're just devine!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther...? on the post lol
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new bath mat Suz. Several said they thought our triffid was a Verbascum and I have checked out pics and think they are right....I will prob still think of it affectionatly as a triffid :-)
    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe l agree a Triffid it is 
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your bathmat won't cause you to lose interest in the rug. They look great, I really like the blue, it makes it seem cheerful. But I really, really love that crochet chair. Where did you come across that?
    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Suz but don't know how you will make it non slip. 
    Make sure you tell us when you do, as I'm sure you will sort it. 
    I really admire your skill 
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely bath mat; it looks cozy on the toes! that chair is amazing!!!! are you going to make one?
    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea! why not use fabric paint that has a shape to it (sorry I'm french and don't know the right word...) to make non slip.
    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, and especially that it's chunky and quick! Would love it if you'd drop by my crafty international linky party and share some of your great projects!
    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

10 comments:

  1. Amazing as usual, it's great to see your items again! : ) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melatia, thanks seeing the light at the end of the tunnel again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a advanced beginner but I am having trouble understanding this pattern. Can you post more pics of play by play? Is it possible to make the flowers individually? Then get intructions how to join them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Row 2 of pattern, what do you mean a chain stitch between each? I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for reposting the free chart. :) I'm going to take a stab at this soon.I am sure that you found some rug backing by now, but I found this while perusing Pinterest and thought I'd share: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Environmental-Fiber-Lok-Non-Skid-Rug-Backing-16oz./12356344 I'm guessing this can be bought at other stores, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi yes it can be bought here in UK too..easy to find but thanks for the link x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pattern for a crocheted rug! I would love to do this in blue. To make it non-skid, use a low heat glue gun along each edge a few times (test a small separate piece to be sure the fibers do not melt) and when the glue is dry the rug should be skid free.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, glad you like it's been a well requested and used pattern make it in super chunky or mix different yarns together works a treat and quick to make too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to make a big rug (about 70x200cm) with your pattern and some of your tips would really simplify my work :) Can you please tell me when you finish the flower how will you hide the ends into your work? It would be great to hide the ends as I work but I haven't figured out how to do it most easily.
    Should I start with flowers and join them as I go and when I'm finished with flowers then I'm going to fill in the gaps? Then with every round I'm filling in I will have a loose end I cannot hide into my work while crocheting?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, yes. Join flowers at tips first then do the fill ins join as you go in every stitch video coming soon I hope x

    ReplyDelete