15 March 2013

CROCHET STYECRAFT STAR PATTERN by Susan Pinner

Stylecraft By Sue Pinner
STAR PATTERN
HERE


or an alternative Stylecraft Star Pattern by Susan Pinner pattern
HERE
and a cushion pattern too

Stylecraft by Susan Pinner







STARS GALORE!!



SIMPLE STAR PATTERN 2
USA terms, random dyed DK and 5mm hook
Chain 6, sl st into a circle
Round 1: 12 dc into the circle, sl st to complete round
Round 2: chain 2 as first dc,
dc in the next stitch, chain 3 dc in next 2 sts,
 repeat until you have 6 loops, sl st to complete round,
Round 3: 2sc, 3ch, 2sc, into first loop space,
 sl st to anchor each point of the star between the two dc of the round below.
Repeat in each chain loop space until you have 6 sides complete with a sl st.
JOIN AS YOU GO
complete the first star then start a second star and sl st into matching point of the first star,
repeat join at a second point

join in a row or make a complete pattern with lots of very quick and simple stars.
random dyed yarn means no colour changing with each motif.

STAR BELOW was made in bamboo/cotton and a 4mm hook

HAPPY HOOKING X
made lots of mini star cushions too with the original pattern
 
and a few much larger ones too


LINK TO MORE STAR PATTERNS

15 comments:

  1. When I clicked on the link to get the pattern for the original simple star pattern you used for that curtain it said I wasn't invited to that page, said I need to contact the blog. I would like to get that pattern if you don't mind inviting me?
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi the original pattern will be for sale soon and has been withdrawn as a free pattern sorry
      Details of all the new patterns for sale and some of the old favourites willl be posted on this blog asap...working my little socks off trying to be ready for June 1st
      Hugs x

      Delete
  2. Very pretty and Creative. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanting to make bed covers for each of my granddaughters as they get older, 2 babies coming June & August, and these stars are wonderful, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks....and you're welcome have fun
      Hugs x

      Delete
  4. wonderful idea for bed covers which I plan on making full size for each granddaughter as they get older. All my grandkids get a baby blanket at birth but these will be for later. Thanks for this colorful fun pattern, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi it will make a great full size bed cover too..thank you
      Hugs x

      Delete
  5. Well, I know I'll be buying the pattern when it goes on sale. :-) also plan on getting your book on granny squares! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan, I d love to buy your wonderful star-pattern ("the curtain") - is it still available? I tried to find out in whoch of your books it might be... I think I need your help ;)
    Kind regards from Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have added a link to, two star patterns the first is the one in the doorway..this pattern designed and sold to Stylecraft and can be bought at Loremar.co.uk...just click the link
      Thanks for the interest xx

      Delete
  7. I really love your star pattern in the doorway :) Is that the one for sale on Loremar.co.uk.....or is it a different one? If it is a different one, where can I buy the doorway one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hanna, yes that's the pattern from Loremar just in a different colour combination.

      Delete
  8. Hi Susan,

    I love your star curtain too! I can't find the pattern on loremar.co.uk, though. Is it still available, please? If so, could you please post the link? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi added a link to several star pattern you might like xx

      Delete