17 March 2013

Week 10: Free Granny Octagon with space filler

An Octagon with a filler
USA Terms, DK, 4mm Hook
 
Chain 6, sl st into a circle.
 
Round 1: 16 dc into the circle, sl st to complete round.
Round 2 chain 4 as first 'spoke', *dc into next st, ch 2, repeat from * until you have 16 'spokes', sl st to complete round.
 
Round 3: 2sc in each chain space, sl st to complete round.
 
Round 4: attach yarn in any stitch, 1dc in the next 4 sts, ch3, 1dc in next 4 sts, sl st to complete round.
 
Join as you go side by side, will give quite a large 'hole' this can be left or filled with a small square.
 
Filler Pattern
A very simple granny square of 4dc per side.
 
Chain 4, sl st into a circle.
 
Round 1: chain 2 as first dc, 3 more dc (4 in total), ch2, sl st though joined motifs, ch2, repeat for all four sides.
 
Happy Hooking
 

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tutorial! I'm the editor of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com and I know my readers would just love this pattern. Let me know if I can link to your tutorial with full credit to you and we can get started. Email me with any questions!

    Nicola Trumbull, Editor www.AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com ntrumbull (at) primecp (dot) com
    Prime Publishing LLC
    3400 Dundee Road
    Northbrook, IL 60062

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicola, I have mailed you...no problem with this particular pattern.
      Sue

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue,
    I love your work. In you picture at the top would I be able to get the patterns for the two on the right side of the picture? They are gorgeous.

    jeanmcrane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,

    I love your work. In your image at the top of the page, would I be able to get the patterns of the two on the right? The star and the circle in the hex. They are gorgeous. Thanks

    jeanmcrane@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely new motif, I especially like it with the filler. I think I'm going to have to learn how to join as you go.
    It looks quite complicated but maybe it looks worse than what it is.
    You always come up with such lovely ideas.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been searching everywhere for a diamond filler for my hexagon project. Was ready to hook 2 triangles together. So glad I spotted this! Finally...

    ReplyDelete