21 October 2012

Crochet Slipper Pattern and a New Rug For the Craft oom...

Do you ever get that feeling something exciting is about to happen, but you have no idea what?

Yesterday, doing the food shop, we came across a new store....next door to the last shop.

Come on says Phil lets go take a look, he rushed on ahead, you know like men do and before I was 10' into the shop he was on the way out saying it was all rubbish.
"What!" says I...

Now I could see that most of it was, but!
being a stubborn old mule that I am I wanted to look for myself.

NOT SURE IF PHIL WAS TRYING TO GET ME OUT OF THE STORE FAST OR WHAT? hehehe

WOW!!!
So many, it was hard to make a choice, I have measurements now so I might just  go back for another look.

What do you think a real bargain or what?


And just look at the price reduction too......
It is huge and just fits perfectly between the two sofas in my craftroom.

Now where can I put another one?...lol
Far too good a bargain to not buy another, don't you think?

LADIES SLIPPER PATTERN
(USA Terms)
Chunky or Very chunky yarn and 5mm hook

Basic pattern, you may need to alter lengths depending on the yarn used and foot size
PATTERN: make 2
Ladies: size4/5
chain 4, into a circle
Row 1: 12 dc into circle, sl st to complete round (12sts)
Row 2: 2dc in each stitch, sl st to complete round (24sts)
Row 3: 1dc in each stitch plus one extra at the end of the round, sl st to complete round (25sts)
Row 4: 1dc in each st, sl st to complete round (25sts) 
Row 5- 11: Repeat row 4 (25sts)

NOTE: adjust the number for your foot, high or low front

BACK OF THE SLIPPER:
The back of the slipper is worked back and forth not in the round as are Rows 1-11
NOTE: Depending on yarn this could be less rows

Row 12-16 depending on foot size and yarn etc: 
1dc in the next 20 sts then turn and work back and forth until the correct amount of rows have been done to fit your foot snugly. 

TO FINISH:
Sew or sc the back seam together.
Add a SC stitch in a contrast yarn around the opening edge,
keeping it quite tight as after one wearing they stretch a bit.

DECORATION:

Make a flower or circle decoration, and sew it to the Slipper front.


HELPFUL TIPS:
For me 16 rows was perfect in one yarn in another I only needed 14 rows in total it just depends on the yarn you use.
And to get the right fit with one yarn I did the last row in SC and not DC.


Don't make it too loose or they won't stay on your feet as they stretch a little in the first wearing.
But it is easy to adjust the number of rows to fit your foot and make them personal.
Started to make another pair with a lower front and longer back....

so play around with the number of rows for the front and the back.
MEN'S VERSION TOMORROW.

Hugs to all and Have fun
x

3 comments:

  1. What a fun share! Thanks!!!!! Men's version...can't wait for that too. LOVE that new rug! It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when something you love is also a bargain!! Rare treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rug is gorgeous! Love blue & lilac shades so much. Eek, will it be safe in a craft room? If it's anything like my workspace there will be ink & paint stains!Loving your blog btw...am learning to crochet AT LAST after a lifetime of just about every craft BUT that one.Your work is inspiring me but so far I've only made grannie squares..in shades of blue of course!

    ReplyDelete